Russ has lived in the great state of Utah for over 30 years and has extensive experience in horticulture, grounds maintenance, and all phases of landscape and hardscape construction.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lush Lawns and Summer Annuals

LUSH LAWNS:
With a lot of rain and a bit of sun and warm temperatures lawns are looking good! If you haven't had a chance to fertilize your lawn yet may I recommend 32-3-8 from IFA.  I have been using this product for a couple of years now and I really like the deep green it gives grass for a fairly long period of time (2 months).

GETTING RID OF LAWN WEEDS: 
 Also, if you have a few of those pesty dandelions popping up just get a bottle of the pre-mixed broadleaf dandelion killer at Lowe's or Home Depot.  It works great and you can hit exactly where you have the problem.  Just remember to read the label for directions.  Most of the time you need to wait 24 hours before getting the dandelion wet after spraying.

SUMMER ANNUALS:
By the way, even though you maybe tempted to plant those summer annuals right now- DON'T DO IT! I know that all the nurseries have your favorite flowers out now but resist the temptation. It doesn't take much to send temperatures below freezing some night and turn those Geraniums or Impatiens to an early death.

Plus, my tulips are still thriving!  I planted them in every square inch of my yard and I'm not tempted to plant those summer annuals just yet!

I'd love to hear from you!
What do you do to keep your lawn green?
What summer annuals are you most excited to plant?

1 comment:

  1. Super jealous of your gorgeous tulips! I so wish I could have those here in Florida. I would be the happiest girl ever.

    ReplyDelete